Saturday, November 7, 2015

Slowcooker Turkey Chili Recipe

I have mastered a chili recipe!

This is what I used this time (I cheated with a packet of seasoning, judge me). And yes, I got all natural, mountain-ground turkey. You know why? Because it was the cheapest.
Last time we made chili, we cooked the beans ourselves, but this time it was just me and I decided to prioritize my time. I also ended up throwing in some leftover buckwheat since I didn't have plans to use it for anything else - I didn't notice a flavor change at all, and added some nutrients!


Servings: 8-10 for normal folks. 4-5 for me and mine <3
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cooking Time: 8-10 hours on LOW

Ingredients: 
1 package of ground turkey
1 packet Chili seasoning mix
1 can Bush's Chili beans
1 can Bush's Kidney Beans
1 can Diced Tomato (I got Italian seasoned for variety this time)
1 green bell pepper
1 medium onion
1 spoonful of minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced garlic
a splash of Wicheshire Sauce
a healthy amount of Uncle Don's Ground Pepper (this isn't on the market, so if you don't share an Uncle Don with me you should probably find him and ask, or just use your favorite fresh ground black pepper)

Directions: 
Cook ground turkey in pan over medium heat until evenly browned. Remove and add to crockpot. Dice and then saute onion and bell pepper and add to slow cooker along with all remaining ingredients. Mix well, cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.

Enjoy!!





Hints and Tips: 
--Use a liner in the slow cooker and save yourself a ton of time and hassle come clean up!
-- If you get a chance to taste it during the day, adjust the flavor by adding any of your favorite seasonings or add some red pepper flakes to spice it up a bit!
--If you don't particularly like things low-fat, add cheese and/or sour cream at serving time
--Do the prep work the night before and put the meat and veggies in the slow cooker in the fridge over night, finish the rest in the morning right before work!
--If you don't add too much spice, let your fur-babies lick the bowl and you can be their favorite human for the night!






No comments:

Post a Comment