Wednesday, September 9, 2015

What is Piyo??

In the most basic terms, Piyo is a glorious mix of yoga and pilates.

I was skeptical because it had none of my favorite workout factors - running, weights, jumping. However, I did the entire program and I was really amazed!! It toned places of my body I had ignored for far too long. It tightened things up so they didn't jiggle when I ran! And by the end of it, I was able to touch my toes and my downward dog had come a LONG ways from when I first attempted yoga many years ago.

Traditional yoga is not really my cup of tea, I do it, but I don't love it... Piyo has more than enough dynamic movement so I still feel a sense of serenity (and almost a touch of grace) yet I gained a lot of strength.

Here is a video that explains it much better than I can, showing you some of the moves and set ups!

No comments:

Post a Comment